Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM not using a carseat for 3yr old SS

My stepsons mother doesnt use a carseat for him and he's only 3 years old. We don't have custody of him and they live in another state. We want to get custody but we can't take care of him righ tnow because we don't have a lot of moneyand don't have room right now. In a year or so we will, just need to get on our feet more. He's mom is the worse mother ever she feeds off of PA and refuses to work and just lets other people watch her children all day thats why we want custody. We didn't know a thing about him till he was 18 months and she was seeking moneu to feed on her drug habit. She never told my husband she was pregnant when they were dating. So what can I do about this? She won't listent o my husband, his parents, or me about using a carseat. Thinks he's to big for one. We even offered to buy one but she wanted the money instead of the carseat.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • call DSS anonymously... thats not good thing. they may just tell her she needs to use a carseat. whether she listens or not, who knows. if she doesn't, better case for y'all... if she does, at least the child is safe. i wouldn't even worry about the money or room... if the child is unsafe, the child needs to be somewhere that is.

    Answer by gracefulsky at 6:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • Call 911 when you know that the child is in her car

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • call CPS in her city and they can investigate.

    Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • You can call CPS and report her then do a search for Father's Rights Groups. They have attorneys who will help get custody in these cases

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • if she really is the piece of work she sounds like she is, you may be able to get custody now. and then she would be the one paying you support. yes it would be hard and all, but i would think that the courts would see that you and your DH are more able to care for the child if she really is using drugs and all that.

    I agree with the advice above as well. good luck!!

    Answer by aly38914290 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • You can also have the local cops do a drive by "welfare check" on him periodically. If you call the local PD and they won't do it, call the local sheriff's office, etc. Whatever cops are available.

    Answer by Avarah at 10:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010