what goes on 1st- the wedding ring or the engagement ring?

i always wear my engagement ring on the inside. how do you wear yours? is it just personal preference, or is there a correct way? if so, does anyone know why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I actually looked this up once cause I wasn't sure...wedding ring goes first...not that there's any wedding ring police or anything like that, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Wedding band goes first because it's supposed to be closest to your heart.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• lmao i was going to guess engagement ring goes on first, because it was there first. but really i have no idea! i wear mine the way OP does. closest to your heart makes so sense i suppose . . .

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• wedding band
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• *some not so
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Your supposed to wear you wedding ring on the inside and then you engagement ring. I dont know why but thats what my mom and my jewler told me. I figure they should know. But it didnt matter to me because i have a wedding band that my engagement ring sits in.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I wear my engagment ring on the inside as well. When we got married and my DH put on my wedding ring he put it on top of the engagment ring bcuz it was there first but also if I wear them the other way my engagment ring will fall off bcuz its a little too big. Lol
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 6:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Traditionally the wedding band is first "closest to heart" but nowadays it's personal preference. I prefer to wear my engagement ring first with wedding band second to help protect it and keep it from moving around.
    Anonymous

• Wedding ring then engagement ring. I'm very observant.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I wear my engagement ring first and then the band because like previous posters said, it was there first. :)
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010