Piggy back name question

Have you ever looked into what your name means? Did you know all names have a meaning and that yours was picked just for you? After reading what your name means can you agree that it fits you? If yes please share. If no please explain why. Thought this would be fun to explore. Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Laurel from the Laurel tree. The Laurel tree was a symbol of victory and honor. (Crowned with Laurel) Hmm...I despised this name for many years, but I now believe it is for me. ;)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Sabrina was the name of a Legandary Celtic Princess & it's also the Latin name for the Severn River. My name was chosen for me because my mother wanted something close to her name which is Corrina. I think, depending on how you look at it, my name COULD fit me. Today the thing most people think of when they hear the name Sabrina is the Teenaged Witch... And being I am a practicing Pagan Witch - It fits.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Lisa, a form of Elizabeth means Consecrated to God.

I don't think it has any special significance, I don't feel God has selected me for any special purpose so far, I think my parents just liked the name.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• cassie in scottland means decsendant of the curly haired one and since my dad has crazy curly hair i would say it works.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Wow this is fun stuff to learn about one another!! My name is Nicole and in France it means: Victory of the people. Does it fit me? According to the purpose Yahweh has in store for me yes. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Cara means "friend" in Gaelic and "beloved" in Italian.
    I think "friend" is pretty accurate. :)

My son's name is Silas and it means "Man of the woods"...so far he's living up to his name. He prefers going for walks in the wooded area by the park over playing on the playground. Lol!\

My daughter's name is Ruby which is a precious gem, just like her! :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My name is Charity:
    From the English word charity, ultimately derived from Late Latin caritas meaning "generous love", from Latin carus "dear, beloved". Caritas was in use as a Roman Christian name. The English name Charity came into use among the Puritans after the Protestant Reformation.

Being that I am an atheist, the christian part has NO Bearing on me, LOL! But the other parts, I'd say yes they accurately describe me:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My name means "warrior" or "defender", and yes I do believe it fits me to an extent.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Breanna (Bree-AH-nah)
    Strong, she ascends. Feminine form of Brian.
    Hill.
    Noble and strong.
    Strong, virtuous, honorable
    Strong one.

I would think it describes me. I have been through a LOT in my life and have always come through it and even thrived. I'm not sure how 'hill' describes me... unless... i am well endowed *wink* hahaha.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Bethany- I know it is a town near Jerusalem. I don't think it has any significance to me. My mother thought it was pretty and, at the time, chose it for the biblical reference. Don't know if it has any other meanings.
    Anonymous