Would you flip.....

Ok hubby and I were invited to stay at a friends house(hes a guy) until we found a place to stay(since we're moving here)...well we had a friend come in from out of state and he parked his car here(where we're staying) and rode with hubby to go do some things in town. Well he NEVER came in the house he stayed in the car except for when he walked from his car to ours. Well, the guy who let us stay here came in from work and FLIPPED because this guy was at his house(he was told he didn't come in) and said that it was disrespectful for us to do that because he could of raped his wife killed his children and stole his things.How is it disrespectful for us NOT to allow him in their house? Now would you be upset if someone was staying with you and their friend parked their car at your house and rode with them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How is it disrespectful to have someone park their car on a public road? Random strangers do it all of the time. Are those people disrespectful for not asking permission to park on the road in front of a house?

She clearly stated that the man did not set foot in the house, he merely went from his car(parked on the public road) to her husband's car. So really at most he walked part way into the driveway.

I guess next time in order to be respectful you husband should reverse out of the driveway before letting his friend in the car so that he doesn't offend anyone by momentarily being on their property.
    Also, perhaps the mailman and the paperboy should call first to ask if it's ok to walk up the driveway to the house so as to not be disrespectful.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Holy cow it sounds like your friend has major issues with feeling safe. If all this other friend did was park his car and then leave with your DH never coming in my home then no I would have no reason or right to be upset. If he were coming over to visit inside the home I would hope that I would at least be asked first.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i dont think so. i welcome most people into my home until i have a reason to distrust anyway.
    Anonymous

• Ok, now it makes more sense. Lol!

I think the guy is overreacting for sure.
    Someone parking in the driveway and not setting foot inside the house or anything, is NOT a threat to this man's family nor is it disrespectful.
    Maybe if he was blocking the area that he or his wife park in,I could see THAT being slightly disrespectful but as a whole...no. The dude is overreacting.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• OP-He didn't even park IN the driveway..he parked in the road in front of the house! Thanks for agreeing with me!! He flipped for NO reason! My hubby and I are more respectful than to invite our friend into someones home when they are not there 1 and 2 we would ask before we brought ANYONE in the house! Sorry about the confusion I had 100 million things going through my mind when I typed the 1st post!
    Anonymous

• I DO think you should of asked him before inviting anyone over, whether they stayed outside or not. I wouldn't have been as pissed or assumed the things your friend did but yes I do think its disrespectful. It is his house and if he doesn't want someone there that he doesn't know then you should be respectful of that and grateful that he is letting you and hubby stay there.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 6:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• He simply parked his car there...I don't see why you would flip either....maybe you both belong together......it's a totally different story if he came INSIDE!! He was actually inbetween houses where he parked too! He knew this friend was coming into town also!!
    Anonymous

• Its not disrespectful at all. He doesn't own the street. They didn't even invite him to the guy's house. He merely met him outside. Your friend has some serious issues.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• OP-LOL Laila-May that's a great idea...I'll just have hubby back the car down the road a mile or so and have our friend follow him so he can get in...and you're exactly right he DOESN'T own the street!!
    Anonymous

• Next time I'll just be "respectful" by allowing our friend inside...since being disrespectful is keeping our friend out of their house....
    Anonymous