At what week do women usually lose their mucus plug?

This sounds gross but... I was taking a shower and I was shaving (I put my leg up on a bar in the shower) then I noticed like a long stringy booger hanger from down there, so I pulled it to get it off and it kept coming out until like a big clump of it, so ia this my mucus plug? .....another thing I am only 24 weeks so I was wondering if that is too early to lose it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh...you should call your doctor just in case. When I was 22 weeks pregnant with my son, I lost my mucus plug, but didn't think anything of it. I went into labor and he died. I'm not trying to scare you, but had I known what it was and went to the doctor right away...things may have turned out very differently. Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• That sounds like it could be your mucus plug. 24 weeks seems really early to lose your mucus plug already. But then some women dont start labor for weeks after they loser thier mucus plug. You should probaby call your doctor just in case.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Could be your mucous plug, could simply be extra mucous. When I was pregnant I had a LOT of extra mucous - it was whitish in color without any blood (mucous plug usually has either brownish or reddish blood). Ask your doctor/midwife about it just to be sure.
    Anonymous