twins.. maybe??

my boy friend is a twin,., and he has alot of twins in his family. im about 5 or 6 weeks and im already showing.. and i swear i have felt fetal movement. this is my second pregnancy so i know what is and isnt gas... im just curious for the women who have had twins did that happen to you that early?

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm 9 weeks and showing already. Like you, this is my second pregnancy and I know I'm not bloated. I haven't felt any movement yet, but I am surely showing. We find out tomorrow if we're having twins. I have 5 sets of twins on my side of the family, and everything I have read says that fraternal twins are genetic on the maternal side of the family. But that doesn't mean it won't be genetic for you. Where your bf is a twin, you might have a pretty good chance. GL!
    Anonymous

• it's the woman's side that most influences multiples. I had twins and had a sporadic set, so I guess anything can happen...but don't psych yourself out about it....usually after the first you feel everything a lot sooner and pouch out faster.
    Anonymous

• him having twins in the fam and being a twin has absolutely no bearing on whether you would have twins. if you had a daughter, he could potentially pass it to her (according to some new research) and increase her chance of having twins.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010