Bra Size-Help!

I need to buy some nursing bras. I'm currently wearing a 38E--was measured about a month ago at Motherhood Maternity. Walmart.com has nb's but only in DDD. What band size would I need? 36?40? Baby is due next month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would buy a size or two bigger than you normally wore before you got pregnant. A lot of woman buy nursing bras to fit now and after the baby is born they lose the baby weight the bras are way too big.
    Anonymous

• Even when pregnant, your band size shouldn't go up...only the cup size. However, in the US, the only way to compensate for larger breasts is to increase the band size...so you would probably wear a 40DD now but will probably increase 2 sizes when your milk comes in. It's trial and error

BTW I am currently 34FF and went up to a 34H when nursing but I buy my bras at www.bravissimo.com since they fit correctly
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• So what does a 38E convert to if I go up one cup size? DDD are the only ones available at that site.
    Anonymous

• i was a 36 DD before my daughter ws born, then i went to a 38H! i would buy a coupld sleep bras for now, and then get measured once your milk comes in after the baby is born. thats what im doing this time.

i would try lane bryant. they have bigger sizes. i ended up getting a plunge bra that i could nurse in be the only nursing bras i could find in that size were way too expensive.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• 38 E is the same thing as a 38 DD, so a 38 DDD would be one cup size larger. just a suggestion, but don't buy very many nursing bras now. i bought one the last week of my pregnancy that fit well, now i've been nursing my daughter for almost 4 months and i'm a cup and band larger (went up a band size in order to find a cup that fit better)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2010