Is it possible that Jesus made such a big deal about His name

...only because names are important to us? I mean really, especially back then. Would He (if that's what you want to call It) even have a name if it was not for us?

- Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't recall any scripture where Jesus or God said "i have only one name and it is this don't call me anything else or you are condemned to hell."

all the passages given that emphasize NAME are just read to far in to.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Only Yahshua's true name can anyone be saved, and we can glorify the Father [Yahweh] with it as well, by doing what he commands us to do, by using his name to heal the sick,cast out demons, raise the dead, drink poison and live, pick up snakes with no harm, and so on. Do I trust in the name Yahshua to attempt all of these things?? YES. Do you trust in what you call him to do these things?I only trust in his true Hebrew name for my salvation and my righteous works. I am his disciple and will[when fully trained] do as his first disciples have done. I have already healed with it and seen results, the next are on my list of things to do. Blessings.....
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Why do you go anon but sign with a name? Just curious..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I believe I read that Jesus refered to himself as the Son of Man more than anyother name. But to answer your question, yea he would have a name. DUH, it was like given to him when he was born.
    Anonymous

• anon, i mean God. Jesus is not Gods name. Jesus is Gods Sons name.

and Daphna asked me, "Why do you go anon but sign with a name? Just curious.. "

because there are many anons who are regulars to this R&B section. I am one of them. This way people can know what i posted before, or what i am going through. Yes, another anon COULD post under my name and then there would be a battle of the anons. But i have not had that problem.

- Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• Yes, another anon COULD post under my name and then there would be a battle of the anons. But i have not had that problem.

Well you just gave me the idea lol
    Anonymous

• What name are you talking about? Are you saying Jesus made a big deal out of the name "God"
    Anonymous

• Did I say anyone is going to hell? No. I do not share the good news that way or information. Sorry you must have me confused with someone else. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• No.

Namesare important to God from the beginning. each name has a meaning and there is a reason for that meaning.
    Adam means red dirt , he was made from the earth and Eve means mother of all living.
    Jesus means God is Salvation, the name comes from Joshua which is the english variant of Yeshua.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Daphna said:I only trust in his true Hebrew name for my salvation
    -----------------
    reported the Jerusalem Post. “They were very difficult to decipher, but on one of the scrolls Barkay was able to make out distinctly the Hebrew word for God: the letters yud-heh-vav-heh transliterated as Yahwe or Jehovah.” The Post explained that the name was seldom found in Israel because “the material on which the name was commonly written, papyrus, had long since disintegrated.”
    An Associated Press report also noted that “devout Jews refrain from uttering God’s name, and it is written in such a way as to be impossible to pronounce correctly.”

Yahweh and Jehovah are neither perfectly correct so just like Juanita and Wanda are the same name the W we use does not invalidate the use of that name.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010