Can I get my money back for a house I rented today?

I rented a house today and from the beginning things didnt go well,and I ignored all the red flags.The owner of the house was suppose to prorate the rent from today until the end of the month,instead he wanted me to pay a full month and make the rent due on the 21st of each month instead of the 1st.Then my daughter was touching the blinds in the livingroom and he asked if she colored on walls or was destructive,and now the utility dept is saying that I need a permit before the lights can be turned on,this the owner did not mention,and lastly he said he would be"checking"on the house monthly when he collected the rent.I dont think I will be happy in the home long term.I havent moved in yet because I have to pay the deposit tomorrow,then he will give me the keys.Is there anything that I can do to get my money back or is it too late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• By law you have 72 hours to change your mind on anything contract you sign.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Always trust your gut instinct.

I'm not sure if you'll get your money back, you'll have to ask the landlord. Even if you have to give 30 days' notice, it's best to just keep looking for a new place to live.
    Anonymous