How can they claim fair and balanced?

In recent years, at least twenty Fox News personalities have endorsed, raised money, or campaigned for Republican candidates or causes, or against Democratic candidates or causes, in more than 300 instances and in at least 49 states. Republican parties and officials have routinely touted these personalities' affiliations with Fox News to sell and promote their events.

list of events
http://mediamatters.org/research/201004210012

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they report BOTH sides of the issue and allow BOTH sides to present their case. Of course they lean more conservative, so what?! Do the left leaning media outlets FAIRLY allow equal time to the conservative or opposing side?! Nope! Besides, it doesn't matter what you think....the proof is in the RATINGS!! LOL

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/01/13/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-january-12/10776

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• The same way Democrats can claim to be for the needy and the middle class when they are anything but.

Anonymous

• So, because someone works for Fox, they can't have an opinion about the candidates? They don't go on TV saying "Vote for Bob" or "Don't vote for Joe". They are Americans, they have a right to vote, too!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Show the rest of the story

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113455/#Fulginiti_top

And Fox is the only one that gives each side a fair shot. I watch them all.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I think I need to clarify what I said above -- I have NEVER heard any personality on Fox say "You should do this or that" I have seen interviews with a lot of Repub candidates (and heard about many Dems who were invited, but declined......) And after seeing how the media treated Obama during the campaign season, I really don't think you have a lot of room to be offended at Fox. kwim?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• And Fox is the only one that gives each side a fair shot. I watch them all.

i honestly dont care who Hannity stumps for..it just means i know who to stay away from..but this is a blatant lie! lol...not that Im surprised. but Msnbc does the same. In fact the only show I watch on a regular basis on msnbc is morning Joe with  a republican helmed show...and Pat Buchannon is a regular on it as well as Rachael Maddow and Olberman..They have MANY republicans on their shows, they each present THEIR side..i

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Fox always has people from both sides of the issue. They may be a conservative leaning station, but the mainstream media is very biased towards the liberal POV without giving voice to the conservatives. They don't invite conservatives to speak. They just have democratic strategist who say what they think the conservatives think. If you want to know, just ask a conservative. Don't second guess. Fox is more fair in their presentation of the issues than any network on today. At least, they don't have the Dan Rather type making up the "facts" and presenting them in an effort to sway public opinion. The more liberal press are to damn scared to give the real facts. They know once the whole story is told, people will run from PBO in droves. So, Fox tells the story and I am left to decide. "We report, you decide" and I do.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• ...Why does everyone act like Fox isn't part of the "Mainstream Media"?

I never understood that. As if they're special.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Because the "Mainstream Media" is liberal. Fox broke away from it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Fox has the most viewers because it shows both sides more often. People like to see both sides so naturally that is why they have the highest ratings.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010