"Big Sister" Present

My daughter is two and my husband and i are expecting our second child, a little boy, who is due July 26th. I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a special present for Elizabeth when the baby Blake is born at the hospital to give her. One for her to like at the time and then one special one for memories. i can manage the toy part lol but i am trying to think what would be good to give her that would be something special to mark the occassion as well. Any Ideas??? Age appropriate or not.. just looking for some ideas :)

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, you could do a "Big Sister" brag book. Just a small photo album or journal type that you could have at the baby shower (and again after the birth of #2) that everyone could write HER words of encouragement & smiles in, etc. A type of keepsake.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I think of something to put up on a shelf to keep for a long time....such as a nice music box or jewelry box....or my favorite a pretty piggy bank.

My dd has a silver plated one that is a cat...very durable and pretty.

Girls are easy! Boys are the hard ones...lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• mom2twobabes, that's a great idea! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• A special scrapbook of you guys together...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• we had my son give dd a baby bunny and he got a bigger big brother bunny(stuffed).he still sleeps with his bunny
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 11:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010