Is $95 high for a dental cleaning?

$285 for 3 healthy check ups/cleaning!! I've been paying this all along and finally wondered if this is high??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• Do you have insurance?
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• High if you're also insured.

cleanings here so far have been around 40-50 I'm insured. Visits are also inexpensive.

I'd recommend you call around.. go to yellowpages.com look up local dentists, call their offices or email them asking for rates.
    You could save a load of money doing this.

Good luck!
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes it is, here in Miami, I get my teeth cleaned at a periodontis office for $70.00, without Insurance.

Answer by older at 7:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I live in the FL panhandle and I just made my appt. I have no insurance and have to pay $168 but that is with x rays. My sister said she just paid $98 without xrays. She lives in Alabama

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• when i was in nj it was $108 out of pocket (no insurance). ilive in md now but i have insurance now so i'm not sure
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Honestly, no. That is just about average without insurance. Keep in mind that the price does not include any fillings or additional work that may be done.
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 11:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• not in Wa , My dentist charges $180 for cleaning and $115 for exam. Our insurance pays 100% though
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2010