If you have facial hair.

Im 26. My mustache is getting thick (i bleach, or it would be dark too). I also have alot of chin hair (ALOT!) and my side burns are getting longer/ darker (Ahh Im turning into a man!!)... I bleach it all & pluck my chin..

Does your facial hair effect your life?
How do you try to control it?
When did it start?
With summer coming I HATE going outside, cause i know my hair is just saying "HEY LOOK!"
Im always afraid Im going to see old friends. Its starting to take a HUGE toll on my life..
I dont have money for anything expensive & think its a waist anyway since u have to have stuff re-done every 6mo.

I dont want people to look at my face cause of my hair, its hard to have a conversation & look someone in the eye.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Wow, you sound like me! Just a year apart too. : )

I got an electric "personal shaver" made for women in the clearance aisle at wal-mart that has all these different attachments. I just have a routine of shaving once a week. I do my sideburns, chin and mustache with this thing and just wax my eyebrows. I guess I probably do my mustache more than once a week but with this thing it's no big deal.

As far as my arms I use my husband's electric shaver.

There is an at home laser product that got amazing reviews on sephora.com and costs $500. I really really want it for my legs and underarms. Sigh... one day. : )
    Anonymous

• I self-wax my face. I never noticed a lot of hair until this year (33 yrs old). it's just hormones changing. Luckily there are only a few dark ones (I have naturally dark brown hair) the rest are blonde but I know how you feel when out in the sun. If yo uopt for self wax, get a brand called GiGi. it doesn't require papers and it's pretty painless as long as you let the wax cool to room temp before you pull it off. You can get it at most beauty supply stores without a beauty license.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I shave it all so much easier. I used to have it laser off but that only took care of the dark ones and the I got pregnant. shave it no worries.
    Anonymous

• shaving only seems to make the problems worse..
    Im the type of girl that shaves her legs/underarms & within HOURS I have serious stubble... so i cant image what my face would look like in a week or 2.
    Anonymous

• if you get hte "5 o clock shadow" :-p i would wax too. ive considered it. i tried this avon cream that removes it but really it isn't any better than shaving... just disolves the top of the hair and only gets the fine ones. Ill have to try the GiGI. I'm blonde and it bugs me like crazy! I feel like i have man-stubble... it reflects in light if i dont get rid of it some how. OY!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010