Could this be a sign of something serious? (30 wks preg. w/ twins)

I am 30 weeks pregnant with twins and I haven't had any problems with my blood pressure so far but my last appointment was over a week ago so that could have changed by now...? I don't know but anyway....

I was in my kitchen tonight with my friend while she was making the kids dinner ... she is helping me out while my fiance is in class because my doc put me on modified bed-rest today b/c I had a vaginal ultrasound and it showed that my cervix has shortened to just under 2 cm and it should be at 3 cm.

Anyway, I was sitting near the stove and all of a sudden it looked like there were sparks flying all around the room... but it was just me... she couldn't see it. I know what it's like to see spots or lines but I've NEVER had anything like this happen!

Do you think it could be a sign of pre eclampsia or anything serious? Do you think it could be nothing? Oh, btw, I also started having a hot flash right afterwards.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Okay I just googled it and apparently it's quite common - possibly low blood pressure - which is the opposite of pre-eclapmsia - YAY - Try to rest - in your bed possum, not in the kitchen LOL
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I used to get that a lot during pregnancy, but it was hard to explain to my midwife. I never had any problems with my blood pressure. She (my midwife) attributed it to low blood sugar, especially because of how I would get clammy and sweaty after. But since you're having twins, I honestly would call the doc ASAP - there's no telling if it could be something worse.
    Anonymous

• I would call your ob, better safe than sorry!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• it's always important to let your OB know about anything and let him review what's going on with you...hot flashes are normal, but I dont' know about both after each other.
    congrats on your twins!!!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• take your modified bed rest seriously. eat as much food as you can. when i was that far with my twins i had to have 8-10 small meals (snacks really) a day. i couldn't physically eat very much at a time. do not get behind in your water consumption!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have very low blood pressure and this happened to me last week while I was in the shower. My problem was that I let myself get very dehydrated, but you should tell your ob about it just in case. They looked like sparks just like you said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2010