Are there any single SAHM?

If so, how do you do it? I am not... I am just curious because I came across a mom a while back that was single, never worked a day in her life, went to school online, got her house and all the remodeling done for free. Is this true???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am a single sahm. I am disabled. I have had Rumethoid Arthritis since I was 2 and a fused neck. My body has limitations. I only have 1 child. I do recieve SS. I live modestly. But when I was younger I did try to work for a few years before I got SS. So yes you can be a single sahm.
    sylvia559

Answer by sylvia559 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• sure, if you have a sugar daddy or live of PA
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i would say if you have a sugar daddy. my SIL is on PA and she still has to work and pay her bills so i would say no to the PA.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 7:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I know a woman who has 4 kids ages 11-17. She is on PA, section 8, child support, and social security for her bi-polar son. She does nothing all day. Not even clean or cook. She makes the kids do it all. She has a large 4 bedroom house and a mini van. She knows how to "work the system".
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Maybe she has an inheritance. Especially if you say she's never worked a day in her life.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i was a single sahm, i lived at my moms with dd for a year, (before that i lived with her dad) it actually worked out really well. my mom has an inheritance and no money problems and stayed at home too. we bickered about little things, like most parents and kids, but overall it was awesome. i did schooling online. my mom didn't take care of my dd, she just bought things and we all hung out. the only thing i feel bad about is that dd really misses grandma, she lives close by and comes over everyday, but it's just not the same.
    my mom was really sad that i met my husband and moved.
    Anonymous

• Single SAHM?? Are you kidding?? they should be at work..

Anonymous

• Wow you are some of the stupidest people on the planet. YES I am a stay at home mom who is single. I receive no child support, no govt assistance, have my own home and pay all of my bills. Why should we be at work anon?
    You know how I did it? When I was younger I worked hard and saved my money instead of being an idiot and blowing it on junk food and crap. My house and car were paid off in full by the time I was 28 in part because I had made some good investments before the stock market crashed. I had my first child at 28. I was widowed at 31. My husband did not have a life insurance policy but we had saved money and had lived modestly in our twenties and the money was there. I also do plenty on the side for extra income. I sell crafts on Etsy. I have a garden and sell fruits and veggies at the farmers market and I sell Usborne Books. Really you women who replied are appalling. OP Yes we exist.
    Anonymous

• Oh and btw before you start your crap we had a college fund already in place and filled for two children before we conceived our first child. Everyone should plan for life because things happen. Stop wasting money on stuff you don't need and things that are unhealthy for you and you can pay off your debt and have savings too that way if some idiot drunk driver kills your husband you won't have to send your child to a daycare and have a stranger raise them. Anon maybe YOU should be at home raising YOUR kids. Ugh sickening.
    Anonymous

• pp if your hubby died then I'm guessing you also get SS for yourself and children, forgot about that huh...
    Anonymous