how do you potty train a 2 year old boy?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let him run around without a diaper and let him "use" the potty when ever he wants to.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I just stuck mine in underwear all day and pullups at night. We didn't go anywhere for a week ( I took off work) and then for a second week we didn't go anywhere in evenings and he was at his grandparents during the day. I also set a timer and every 20 minutes we sat on the potty.
    Anonymous

• I honestly think 2 is a little young for a boy. Not saying that it can't be done by anymeans, but know that w/ boys it is a lot harder. But as stated by another poster let them go in underwear all day and take him to the potty every 30-45 minutes. Thats what I did w/ my son but he was 3. I never used pull-ups w/ mine, we just put him in a diaper at night time. Is he dry when he wakes from a nap? That may be an indication if he is ready or not, jmo. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

_____
    Did that today, and it was the most successful day I've had! He just pees in the training pants, but without anything on, he goes to the potty chair. Then, once he caught on to the mini-marshmallow reward, he wanted to do it. I will be attempting it again tomorrow. (He's 2yrs 4 months)
    I think the important thing, though, is to realize it is still early, so don't expect it to necessarily happen.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 2:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i tried to potty train my 2 yo son, I put him big boy undies on thomas the train was his fav..an explained to him that when he has to potty or "pee-pee" as he says, that to go on the potty an sit. i tried for a few days..he was unsuccessful. i tried pull ups thnking they would prevent an accident-but he just pooped in them just like they were reg diapers.. u just have to pick the right day for boys-theyre harder to train..some are ready at 2 yo, but its said most boys arent til theyre about 3-3 1/2 but i wish u luck!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010