Wives tales, when it comes to having boys or girls?

Do you believe in wives tales, when it comes to having boys or girls? Did you ever hear something, believe it, and have it be right?

With my first pregnancy I always wanted chocolate, and when it got closer to the time where I could go find out, I looked up what craving chocolate would predict- A baby boy. And it was right.

With my second, Im hearing that if you have a higher blood pressure, that you'll be expecting a girl? Im hoping that its true, but who knows. I'll have to wait and see.

Anyone have any story's about wives tales in your pregnancy, or any foods you craved with a boy, and some with a girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ive heard if ur stomach is round its a boy if its oval its a girl... im not sure tho.
    nmgirl87

Answer by nmgirl87 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Craved chocolate and took meds for high blood pressure with our first and had a boy... Had major heartburn with all 3 and the first was bald, the other 2 had thick hair. I didn't believe any of the myths, wives tales... Because that's what they are... IMO anyway.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• the only one I believe is the one that says if the baby has a penis it is going to be a boy.

Anonymous

• Everyone kept asking me if I was having a boy with both of my girls because I carried so low. I carried very low with my first and even lower with my second and they were both girls
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I thought it was Wise tales???

Anonymous

• You have a 50/50 chance! So there's a 50 % chance that the person with the tail is right. Heads or tails.

I'm no believer in this... mine as well flip a coin for the sex haha : )

Congrats
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 7:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I had an ob who swore a heartbeat under 140 was a boy (shed been delivering babies for 20 years) but mine was a girl. Also if you are carrying high it's a boy or ball shaped it's a boy.... All out in front it's a boy! Eventhe chnese predictor said boy but I had a baby girl. I craved fruit and sugar... But tons of seafood which you are supposed to limit so it sucked! lol I found them all wrong so it's really up in the air! I carried Kyla the same way my mother carried my brothers even.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• OH also... heads up! If chocolate and ranch dressing sound good; it's not!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I've heard that if the babies heart beat is between 120-150 then its a boy and if its between 150 and higher its a girl. Not exactly a proven scince but in my case...it has been right every time! lol
    1st-heart beat always in 120's-130's-he is now my 10 year old BOY
    2nd-heart beat always in 160's-170's-she is now my 14 month old GIRL
    3rd-heart beat has been in the 130's-found out TODAY through ultrasound-ITS A BOY!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i carried really low.....craved chocalates/sweets realllllllllllyyyyyyy bdly had.....had heartburn........i was round shaped.......................................my uncles's wife had all of the same symptoms, she gave birth 4months before me and had a baby girl..........she's was 100% sure that i was having a girl cuz our pregnancies were sooo alike...... and in regards to PP....my baby's hearbeat was 160 so i really thought i was having a girl too:)....i didn't do a sex check on the ultrasound.....so yea.....................I HAD A BABY BOY:)
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2010