Soft Low Cervix at 13wks?

I was diagnosed last week with 2 medium sized subchorionic hemorrages, one being right under the placenta. I've had spotting everyday since, along with cramping, back aches & pressure "down there". My dr. told me not to worry unless I start bleeding heavy like a period. Because I have 2 hemorrhages and because one is right under the placenta, I have an increased risk of a late miscarriage. I've been on bed rest since I was at the ER last Thurs. I started have diarrhea (sorry, tmi) yesterday and when I was going to the toilet I felt a bulge in my vagina (sorry, more tmi). I felt down there and my cervix was almost to the bottom of my vagina and it was very very soft. I could fit my fingertip into the actual opening. I KNOW you're not supposed to check your cervix while pregnant but I needed to find out what I was feeling down there. Does anyone know what your cervix is supposed to feel like at 13 wks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its supposed to feel very hard and very high up i would call your doc and talk to him/her asap
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It should be high up by this point. It should be closed on the inside but it's okay if it's a little open on the outside. I stay at 1cm outter dialation my entire pregnancy but that means absolutely nothing. It's okay if it feels soft on the outside but it should be firm under neath and long.

The fact that it's so close to the vaginal entrance is EXTREMELY disconcerning to me because that is what happens during labor.

GO TO THE ER RIGHT NOW. DO NOT STOP, DO NOT COLLECT 200 DOLLARS....GO....NOW!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Is this your first child? while squatting, your cervix and uterus are naturally lower, it's why a lot of midwive advocate squatting during labor and pushing, it helps to bring th baby down lower. as long as you are not experiencing any actual contractions or bleeding, you should be fine.
    Oh, and my cerix does the same thing, that's why I know. Just bring it up to your Doc at your next appointment.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 9:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010