I'm looking for AMAZING Crock Pot Recipes!

My hubs LOVES the crockpot and keeps asking me to cook more with it. The problem is that I am running out of stuff to cook and I don't want to "test" recipes from online. I need tried and true recipes. Thanks!

rimom05

Asked by rimom05 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• if you send me a message offlist, I will be happy to forward some great slow-cooker recipes to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'm a crock pot junkie. Here are some of my family's faves:
    Chicken Marinara over Spaghetti Squash
    4 chicken breasts
    1 jar of spaghetti sauce
    bread crumbs
    parmesan
    1 egg

Dip the chicken in the egg and then coat with a mixture of bread crumbs and parm. Put in crockpot. Dump in the whole jar of sauce. Cook on low for 8 hrs. Serve over spaghetti squash (or noodles if you don't like squash).

bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 7:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• White Chicken Chili

1 lb ground chicken/beef/turkey
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
    3 cups chicken broth
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    2 medium zucchini, chopped (about 3 cups)
    1-2 carrots shredded
    2 cans cannellini beans or 2 cans great northern beans, drained, rinsed
    1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles

Brown the meat and onions. Then throw everything on the crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hrs or on high 4-5 hrs. Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, olives, sour cream, etc.

bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 7:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i don't really do measurements so bear with me lol. my hubby's absolute fav. recipe is short ribs. ijust season them with salt/pepper, then braise the short ribs and put them in the crockpot on low for an hour dry. after a hour i add a jar of bbq sauce (you can make your own or just use store-bought if you have a kind you like) along with a chopped onion and minced garlic. i cook it on low for like 5 hours more and they always come out great! i will say that you have to skim the grease off the top of the sauce though, but that's easy enough to do after you take the ribs out
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• the flavor is in how you use your spices...I too am a crock pot junkie! nothing like throwing food in there in the a.m and it's done at dinner!
    Here is an easy one it's called "one pot dinner"

4 large boneless pork chops or 6 smaller ones
    place on bottom of crock pot sprinkle with pepper and parsley
    Alternate layers of sliced potatoes and sliced onion onion....I use 6 potatoes and 1 onion
    add a chopped small head of cabbage and in a seperate bowl combine 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
    or cream of chicken soup mix with 1 can of milk, blend well and pour on top of cabbage
    season with dashes of garlic powder, parsley and pepper...add as much or as little
    cook on low for 6- 8 hours or high for 4 hours

P.M. me for more recipes...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Here is one of our favorites:

Crock Pot Pork Shoulder Roast

1 4-5lb pork shoulder roast
    4 medium red or russett potatoes
    1 onion
    4 large carrots cut into 2" long chunks OR 2 cups baby carrots
    1 packet lipton onion soup mix
    1-2 cups chicken STOCK

In the bottom of the crock pot, place the potatoes (washed, peeled if they are russetts, and cut in half), the onion cut into quarters, and the carrots. Pour in 1-2 cups or so of the chicken stock (just enough to get about 1/2" deep). Place the pork shoulder roast on top of the veggies. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the veggies and pork. Rub the seasoning into the pork. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. When you remove the pork and veggies, you can use the juices left to make a gravy if you want. Just serve with rolls and you're done!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Also bison stew is great in the crock pot but I don't measure normally so here's what we do for that:

1-2 lbs bison stew meat (or 1 bison roast cut into 1" cubes)
    2-3 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1" chunks
    4 large carrots cut into 1" chunks
    2 ribs of celery cut into 1/2" thick slices
    1 onion cut in half, then each half cut into fourths
    2 boxes beef or vegetable STOCK (more flavorful than broth)
    1 packet McCormicks beef stew seasoning mix

In a skillet, heat oil about 1/4" deep. Coat the bison pieces in flour. Brown them in the oil on all sides, then toss them into the crock pot. Add the stock, veggies, and seasoning. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or so. When you're in the last hour of cooking, turn it to high. Leave it for 30 minutes or so, til it comes to a boil in the crock pot. Remove the lid, take out about a cup of the liquid and mix with 2 tablespoons corn starch. Add slowly to the crock pot and stir to thicken.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• This is FABULOUS, but you have to like spicy food....

Cut up a pork tenderloin into cubes and brown in a bit of oil, (work in batches so they get a good seer) remove to crock pot, pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the browning pan to scrape up all the browned bits and pour into crock pot. Add a green pepper and an onion cut into large chunks (you can add whatever really, sometimes I do red pepper and mushrooms also), and also a bunch of baby potatoes, sometimes I use red, sometimes white, if they are tiny I leave them whole or cut them in half or quartered for larger ones... pour about 1/2-3/4 jar of Goya salsa verde, cook on low 8 hours. Its freaking awesome, again, very spicy, but we can't get enough of it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Have you tried this one...it is super easy

2-4 lbs roast beef, doesn't matter the cut
    1 can of beer
    1 enevelope onion soup mix
    cook 8 - 10 hours on low
    use a tong to rip apart the meat and serve on buns with chips
    Anonymous

• Those sound GREAT! I'm going to try all of them! Thank you so much!
    rimom05

Answer by rimom05 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2010