boo hoo hoo

my kids were so sweet. they loved school, they loved sports, they loved me. now they are teens... boo hoo hoo

the boy child is ticked off because he hates his hair cut. I thought that only happened with girls... he will be in a horrid mood now for a while until it grows back.

the girl child is ticked off because I wont let her go to some boys house with a group of kids on friday night. she doesnt know where he lives, she doesnt know how she will get there/back, and she wont give me his phone number to talk to the parents. does she really think im that big an idiot??

Im gonna make a nice sit down dinner, MAKE them sit and eat it, and have a BIG glass of wine while I cook.

boooooo hoooooo hooooooo.

sorry i just realized there is no question.
Here is a Q - WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I feel your pain, Momma! When my daughter was a teenager, we had all that, and now my son is almost a teenager, and we have the added challenge of autism with him. You ask, what would I do? I'd do the same thing, make a nice dinner, have the kids join me and then while the kids clean up the dishes from the wonderful dinner you made, I'd be sitting in my favorite chair and enjoying that glass of wine I started at dinner!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Wow my kids are still kids I say in about 10 yrs. Something to look forward to. All I can say is keep doing what you are doing it seems like you do have it under control
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• LOL @ Robsmommy......... "I'd be sitting in my favorite chair and enjoying that glass of wine I started at dinner!! "

WTH......... I think I will be on my second/third glass of wine by then!!!

thanks btw!
    OP
    Anonymous

• goodI would sit down at dinner with them and proceed forward.  Talk, eat and have a good dinner.  They will get over it!

Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• That is why I only have one and he is soooo not a social child, I hope that doesn't change when he starts high school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Showing who is the boss is the best thing you could do. Making them sit at the table is good. Also perhaps ya all could watch a movie or something ya all like.
    nannee59

Answer by nannee59 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Been there!! Sitting down to dinner is always a good idea. I would also sit down with you daughter and spell out what is expected of her when she leaves your house. I have 2 girls one is 13 the other 17. I have to know the who will be there, what will be going on, how you get there and back and at what time will you be home. Lie and you never leave this house again. Those have been the "rules" since she started going to peoples houses- she was probably 14 or so. It is easier if they know what you want to know, it is a trust thing and a safety thing. As time goes on she will get used to answering those questions. It is just the way it is here. Be fair with me and I'll be fair with you. Your boy will get over it, all he needs is one girl at school to say she likes his hair cut and he'll forget all about it!!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• wow, a bad haircut would upset anyone and you are being insensitive to him. I agree about the dd though. If she doesn't know where he lives then how could she go anyway? Kids just don't make sense. Find out the name of the guy and go to whitepages.com and find out where he lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Oh WOW, this sounds just like my house! Don't worry, we will get through this.
    jenzfoto

Answer by jenzfoto at 8:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I always tell my kids that if they don't like MY rules then they can move out. (my 19yr old daughter just moved out)
    When My teens get mad at me for staying firm to my rules and tell me they hate me I remember what my mama used to say
    "You know you are doing something right when your kids tell you they hate you."
    Just remember we are the ones guiding and preparing them for when they are on their own not their friend.
    RSalvant

Answer by RSalvant at 6:18 PM on May. 10, 2010