what car seat does my son need right now?

my son is about to be 4 in 3 weeks hes a big boy about 50 lbs and quite tall and stalky. should he be in a 5 point harness or a booster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Honestly, I would go with the 5 point harness. Better safe, than sorry.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I agree with the pp. My 5 year old is sill in a 5 point harness.
    ksmootchies

Answer by ksmootchies at 10:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Because he is 50lbs. and tall you will need a seat that allows harnessing to either 65 or 80lbs. if you want to keep him harnessed - which is safer. A great seat that isn't too expensive and harnesses to 65lbs. is the Graco Natualis. If you are currently using a seat that only harnesses to 40lbs. you need to stop ASAP and switch to one that will accomodate him. If you choose to go with a booster, get a highback one. The Graco Turboboosters are good and don't cost a lot.
    Anonymous

• You should also check on what your state requires. I agree with previous posters that a 5 point harness is best but you'll invariably need a new seat.
    Anonymous