Are small adults supposed to ride in carseats too?

Some adults are short and petite and don't meet the height and weight requirements to ride without a car seat. So if they're the same size as a child who should ride in one, shouldn't they ride in a car seat too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband's aunt is about 80-85 lbs and is 4 ft. 11. She uses a seatbelt adjustor so that the seatbelt fits properly. She also has a car where the seat is adjustable (front, back, up, down).
    Anonymous

• lol!!!
    Anonymous

• OMG! This is so funny I never thought of that now that you mention it some little adults do look like kids.
    Good Question I guess it depends on the individual weather to use a carseat or not. if I were little IDK?
    Anonymous

• I'm 4'11" and I don't use or need a booster. The height limit is 4'9" any adult smaller than that would be considered a "little person"................they very well may use booster type seats---at least for driving purposes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• So would they drive using a booster seat? LmaOOO!
    Anonymous

• Well said BridgetC140 My mom is 4'10 and she jokes that "whew I barely made it" lol. Really though she said she would have no problem using a booster seat if it would save her life in a car accident.
    Anonymous

• MY mom and two Aunts are around 4'9"...they don't meet the weight now, but, if they did...they all said they would use them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• lol! technically my 91 yr old gramma needs one! she's 4'6!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My older brother is a little person (dwarf) he is 3'10" and only 75lbs. He doesn't ride in a booseter seat! He's 34 years old! My 6 and 4 year old are taller then him! It's an age thing I think!
    kristie1029

Answer by kristie1029 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010