At what point in time did I become a brainless idiot ~ what the hell kind of mother does she think I am?

Vented before... but so discusted Im venting again.

The girl child of mine (freshman in h.s.) thinks that I should allow her to go hang out with about 6 friends at a boys house. She can not tell me where the boy lives. She can not tell me how she is getting there. She can not tell me how she is coming home. (I am at a charity ball that night) She doesnt have the boys home phone number to call the parents ... to make sure it is all on the up and up.

What the hell kind of idiot does she think I am..... what the hell kind of parent would say yes to something like that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Stick to your guns teens like to test us some of us give in and some of us don't once you give in that is it they will take advantage of you.
    Anonymous

• for one calm down. you sound upset and that is not a good way to handle a teenager.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what kind of mom she thinks you are but she sure is about to find out! what the hell kind of parent would say yes to something like that???

One that hasn't been there and done that, kudos to you mom!

Answer by older at 8:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Tell her to find out or wear a GPS ankle bracelet!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• LOL @ admckenzie

thanks
    op
    Anonymous

• Oh come on, aren't all parents of teenagers just brainless fun-wreckers?! My parents sure do get a lot smarter as I get older. I love that she expects to be allowed to go somewhere, somehow, with someone, but no details. And somehow you end up the bad guy here.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• that is pretty funny. my sister and i were much smarter than that. mind you i was the good girl, but my sister was smart enough to cover her bases and have a plan of action....even if there was something sly going on, she knew she couldnt just say yeah...this is what i am doing.

that is funny. it will be okay though. she will figure it out eventually.

and honestly, i think there are mom's out there that probably would say yes just because some mom's never want to believe their little angels would do something wrong....(i know one like this...lol)
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• aly38914290........ what the heck does 38914290 mean???
    anyway....... it isnt that I think she wouldnt do something 'wrong'....... im afraid she will do it soooo 'right' that she cant/wont stop doing it.

LOL
    thanks
    OP
    Anonymous

• You could always threaten to go with her. I realize you'll be busy that night, but any time a child wants to pull a stunt like that, I threaten to go with them...and they know I'll do it!! I've also threatened to sit with one child during her high school class because she was pulling attitude. Shut her down right quick! Again, she knows I am crazy enough to do it. Keep your back-bone! You sound like you are doing fine.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 9:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Oh come on, aren't all parents of teenagers just brainless fun-wreckers?!

LOL is that why I keep hearing "that's not fair".......so and so's mom lets him have one or do it.........and the all time favorite....."I never get to do anything" Teens are so much fun, aren't they???
    Anonymous