I am thinking about leaving my husband.

Great man too jealous and in secure and it is driving me crazy. I have been married for 20 years and I just not happy anymore with him. Please advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Is that your only option? If so, then just do it
    Anonymous

• You're not "happy"? What about talking to him first? Counseling? Leaving is a pretty drastic step, especially after 20 years. Now, if you're in physical danger, that's different.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Therapy?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If he is not willing to honestly change or work on it, then do what you feel you need to do to be happy.
    Just try to think clearly and make sure it is something you honeslty want. After 20 years you know him, and he is probably not going to change.
    Try seperation 1st, that may give him a rude awakening and he will see he really wants to be with you. Or you will see you really want a divorce and you can pursue it. GL
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Reading between the lines If he is jealous and insecure that means he has accused you several times unfairly, watches you, questions where you went, who was there... not fun. If you have lived with that for 20 yrs and he still doesn't trust you, I can understand walking away. To be unfairly accused breaks something deep in a marriage - do it 20 times and it just kills every good memory and feeling there was
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• what have u done to make yourself feel happy in your marriage? does he know u are thinking of leaving him? have u considered his feelings? only u knw whats best for u.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 2:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Please try therapy first. My parents divorced after 29 years of marriage. Mom decided she wanted out. Dad agreed to therapy and wanted to try, but mom had already made up her mind. She didn't even give him a chance. People change over a couple of decades and you need time to adjust. Try the therapy, if he'll agree.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2010