Some issues with my 8 month old...is this normal at this age?

Until about a month or so ago, my son was a perfect angel. Hardly fussed, was a piece of cake to get to take a nap and go to bed, was doing really well with his solid foods, etc. Then in 1 months time, he had 3 teeth pop through. They are all significantly out of the gum now and I don't feel or see any more coming in. I assumed these issues were because of more teeth but now I'm not so sure. Now, every time I put him in his high chair he throws a fit to get out. I'll be lucky if I can get him to eat 4 bites TOTAL of solid food a day. He refuses to eat it. It also takes me at LEAST an hour to get him to go down for a nap, and he only sleeps for like 30 mins. He is fussy a lot more than usual and wants to be held and nursed around the clock it seems. I took him to the dr. to rule out an ear infection. I just don't understand why he's being this way! Its so unlike him, but its lasting awhile. Any advice?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no advise for you but my nine month old is going threw the same exact thing! He used to be a good little eater but now like you said id be lucky if I can get him to eat 4 bites of solid food a day. And now whenever I put him to bed Ill go and check on him an hour later or so and ill find that he is sitting up sleeping in his lap. Like he wont just sleep laying down threw the night anymore he keeps waking up then sitting up and falling back to sleep in his lap and that worries me when he sleeps like that so I end up accidently waking him up trying to put him back on his back. Anyways I kinda just figured it was from him teething, because it seem to have started the same time we noticed his first tooth poking out and now we see another one starting to poke out. But GL with your little one!
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i would say its definatly teething. just because you dont see them yet, doesnt mean theyre not comming yet. my son went threw the same EXACT thing. it should get better. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010