Anyone watching Food Inc. on Pbs right now?

I highly recommend, it completely made me rethink and reshape the way we eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We usually don't get to watch any grownup tv around here. By the time the boys go to bed...all I want is peace and quiet.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Nope, and I refuse to.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I've seen it a couple times. I'm already vegetarian, so it just confirms that for me. As for the rest of it.... It's a mess, but I'm not convinced buying organic is the right answer.... Yup, it makes one think!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• ruttermama why do you refuse to watch it? its an EYE OPENER!!!! whoa!!! i had NO idea where or how my food was being grown...or basically manufactured! its a great movie. we rented it.
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• We buy are beef from a local farmer, we know the field our cow was raised in! lol and you know a side of beef is much cheaper in the long run then store beef. We get t-bones for $2 a lb!, because all the meat is sold per lb. regardless of the cut of meat. Once you taste it too you will never go back..
    Just Google "area farmers with beef for sale and your zipcode" also never buy meat from a whole foods store, the prices are really jacked up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I watched it. I thought it was disgusting. My family and I quit eating ground beef a few years ago. There is no need for me to expose them to E.Coli that is potentially deadly (hemorrhagic E.Coli), because of a burger. Nope, we have been using lean ground turkey, and also buy "natural" bison and free range chicken. It's all in the choices you make when you go to the grocery store/farmers market. I think that everyone should watch it, so that you know what you are REALLY eating when you eat chicken (the part with them in the chicken house so crowded and in their own poop and they don't clean them before they package them for sale, gross) same with the cows. Disgusting what some people eat and it saddens me to know they really don't care. I'm glad I watched it, so I make the healthier choices for my family because I did not know some of that before watching for sure!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I watched it when it first came out on DVD and we stream it on Netflix. The Future of Food is also a good documentary to watch.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2010