What do you think?

So I have VERY few memories of my childhood, and most of them are because I have seen pictures... Should I be concerned that I am supressing some memories from my childhood, or could I just have THAT bad of a memory?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't be worried. Maybe current memories are just so vivid that they are pushing old memories deep inside.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i have the same problem. my husband talks about all this stuff when he was younger and i just don't remember anything. is it age cause he is 6 yrs younger then me but thing is i have thought and felt something was wrong with me. hope you get an answer cause i would like to know too. although i 'm happy to see i;m not alone.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have scattered memories. I had a lot of crappy times though. I know certain things that happened but can't picture it. I remember a little bit here and there but there are large year blockes where I got nothing....I think its prob better...
    Anonymous

• It's okay I have the same thing and I am 23 and can't even remember from age of 16ish back to childhood...... I remember bits an pieces don't get me wrong but there are alot of things that I can't/don't remember.
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 9:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i dont remember anything from 10 and younger, except for maybe one or two events.. that may- or may not be true.. from 10-16, some things i cant remember, other things i wish i could forget. lol but even nowadays, i cant remember anything from today, or yesterday. my memory is just THAT bad.... but for my childhood memory problems- i have no idea what went wrong with that one.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• that's how I am too - I don't think there is anything sinister there I just don't remember alot of precise moments. If DH has a family who sit and play Remember When he would have more vivid detail - often with huge chunks filled in from other peoples stories, not his own memory bank. To be honest, I don't remember much before kids- it just seems like someone turned the page, and I know it is back there, but it's so irrelevant it doesn't matter... then again I can't actually recall what we had for dinner last night HoHuM!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010