dance recital ........ (if your kiddo dances or ever did dance)

what was your dance school's recital policy on tickets .... did you have to pay for a seat to see your own child dance?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter has a recital in June. The studio gave each student 2 tickets for the parents. The tickets are about $10 dollars and a little more at the door. Her costum is $55, $15 for her prop, plus whatever much the pictures are going to be.
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes. Every seat I had to pay for. I had to get up at 5am to be in line by 5:30/6 for 8am release. first come first serve. My daughters were on different nights so I had to buy family tickets for both shows. I think we had a limit of 6 or so seats... had to beg/buy tickets from other parents. We had a week of dress rehersal (remember two different shows) we had to pay upwards of $60 for each costum... cant rember the seat price... about $15 per seat????
    Anonymous

• yes. my mom always had to pay for tickets for our dance recitals, gymnastics meets (her ticket to get in, plus the fee for us to compete), drama/musical performances, basketball games, etc. most of the people going to those things are family....that is part of how the recital is paid for. luckily though for us, most of the tickets were all under $10.00.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010