Looking back at pics from the hospital....

when I had my daughter and gosh, I have black eyes...well green actually. Did this happen to any of you? I had a c-section, but only after 23 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. I guess pushing so hard made me get bruises around my eyes. Needless to say that my "post labor" pics are FAR from flattering! lol

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I look HORRIBLE in my post baby pictures. My face is super fat and swollen, my eyes are puffy, my hair is a big mess of frizz and I look washed out, tired and gross. Lol.

I just don't understand how some women can look "good" after having a baby. I am constantly shocked and jealous as hell by the pictures I see of friends who have just had babies.
    I hate them a little bit. Lol!!!

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• my arms were swollen, my face looked swollen, my hands were swollen, and i looked fat as a cow. not to mention any kind of make up i did have on had probably ran off my face and my hair was wack.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I didn't look so great in my hospital pictures either.
    Anonymous

• Haha! From my first son, my goodness I look so doped up and out of it in those pix! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• OH yeah...my hair was DISGUSTING!! And I was super swollen from the IVs they gave me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I was swollen, pale from the blood loss, and my hair looked gross.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Wow, I looked good in mine..I was even shocked. LOL Sorry folks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My skin looked like i had a weird disease (rash) and my eyes had blood spots like busted vessels from straining..and i only pushed for a few minutes...because of a platelet disorder my skin does weird bruising and stuff...I wanted makeup sooo bad, but didnt have the energy to care! I scared the hell outta myself! But in the black and white pics it looked like my freckles came out more!! LoL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I looked good in mine. Took a shower and put on a little makeup before I went to the hos., was in labor maybe 6 hours and had a natural birth.. Threw on some lipstick and hair in a ponytail cause I knew there would be a ton of pic..You can tell I was exhausted though even if I was smiling.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I always just expected to be ugly after seeing pictures of all the women I knew after giving birth. I was so surprised.... my labor/birth pictures are my FAVORITE pictures of myself! I was in labor 36 hours and didn't wear makeup, but I looked good. And I usually HATE pictures of myself! (Oh, yeah, I had a natural birth, too)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010