Is she sleeping too much?

I know this is my second time around but idk if im lucky, or if i should be worried. My LO is 10 days old now, she was a small baby (full term) but only 5.12 lbs when she was born. Now that were home its like she sleeps all day...she only wakes up for like 4-5 bottles...Three ounces a piece...is that about right? How much are new borns supposed to eat? It seems like my son woke up more often even if it was for food! Should I wake her more often to eat? BTW she is bottle fed but its BM...IDK if that helps! TIA!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as she's gaining weight, I wouldn't worry about it. My daughter is 11 weeks old, and I remember worrying about her sleeping so much during that 2nd week of life. She's my 2nd child as well, and you'd think I would've remembered my son doing that. I was actually disappointed she slept so much because I wanted to interact with her more. LOL Don't worry, she'll start waking up soon and then you'll be on here begging for tips on how to get back to sleep. hehe
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• She's growing. So she will sleep more. Also, 10 days ago she went thru one hell of an adventure getting here. Don't worry momma, most would KILL for that! LOL. She'll wake when she's hungry.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• shes fine. babies sleep to grow. my kids were only eating 2oz when they woke up so 3 oz is good. shes a new born dont expect her to stay awake all day
    Anonymous

• I used to worry about this too bc my son slept sooo much. He is still a really good sleeper at 11 months old:) It's normal. The ped told me at the hospital before I left to just make sure he eats at least every 5 to 6 hours.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010