What do you think of throwing a baby shower for yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• tacky.

But I would be all for inviting a bunch of friends to go get a mani/pedi with me followed by a wonderful lunch at a resturant in celebration of my final days of being just me... not baby at the hip.
    Anonymous

• I think its incredibly rude. Might as well just walk up to your friends and family and say, "hey I'm having a baby...buy me something please." I don't see a problem throwing like a welcome party for the baby or something, but to throw yourself a baby shower is just really tacky IMO.
    Anonymous

• no, people would probably talk shit about you and call you selfish. Just tell your closest friends or family how much you wish you could have a baby shower and you really hope someone does one but you are afraid nobody is going to do it for you or something. Why are you thinking of doing it yourself?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't think its tacky one bit! I live in a BIG military town and there are often wives here that know absolutely no one. Their husbands invite all their "work" friends wives and they all have a ball together without ever having met..
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't do it.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I agree it's tacky but you can ask someone to do it for you
    Anonymous

• Does anyone have class these days?!?
    Anonymous

• You can throw but don't expect anything. Just expect good wishes.
    Anonymous

• Who here would attend?
    Anonymous

• I don't see what's so wrong with it. I threw my son's birthday party. What's the difference with a baby shower? It's all kind of like saying "Get me something" regardless. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but I clearly see no difference.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2010