have you or do you have LSIL? (LOW GRADE SQUAMOUS INTREAPITHELIAL)

I just got my pap test back and found out i have LSIL and am freaking out! have u ever had this or know someone that had it? what casuse it? i had a baby back in september and was tested and my pap was normal when i was prego, i never had a abnormal pap, advice please..ps i am goin to the docs next month for it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had this too. But I believe it has to do with contact with HPV, according to my newest OBGYN. Doesn't necessarily mean you contracted it, just that you have had contact with it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Also, now that I've read a little more, I read that it can be caused by an infection or by a minor injury. Which could be due to delivery if there was a scratch or something during your labor.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes, i've had that result, while pregnant too. Mine was from HPV. If you haven't been tested for it, it's important that you do! I have one of the high risk types, so I get paps every 6 months instead of once a year. Most people will tell you that delivery should sort of shed the bad cells and your 6 week PP pap should be normal. I was told that throughout my entire pregnancy, but my pap didn't come back normal until November of last year (my baby was born in July of '08). However it IS NOT cancer, so just take it easy and make sure to follow up on your 6 week PP pap. They can't treat it, or do any further diagnostic tests while you're pregnant.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010