have you or do you have LSIL? (LOW GRADE SQUAMOUS INTREAPITHELIAL)

I just got my pap test back and found out i have LSIL and am freaking out! have u ever had this or know someone that had it? what casuse it? i had a baby back in september and was tested and my pap was normal when i was prego, i never had a abnormal pap, advice please..ps i am goin to the docs next month for it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I work at an obgyn and this almost always means that you have HPV which is genital warts. Most people who have HPV have no symptoms at all and the warts are on your cervix so you cannot see them. Since it is low grade and not high grade they will likely just do paps every 3-6 months and after about 24 months it usually goes away on its own. Don't worry too much about cervical cancer since yours is low grade it is highly unlikely luckily they caught it early! Another cause could be bacterial vaginosis. If you were to have this when you give birth it is very unlikely that you would spread it to your baby. Women give birth to children vaginally when they have HPV every day. 1 in 4 of the women who come into our office have or have had HPV so it is not uncommon.
    Anonymous

• Just because you have HPV does not mean you have warts! HPV is the virus. It causes normal cells to become abnormal. Which COULD Lead to warts and/or cancer. Go to google and research.
    LuckyMa113920

Answer by LuckyMa113920 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010