Have/does you baby ever do this?

My nine month old ds used to sleep threw the night with pretty much no problems at all. But recently whenever I put him to bed ill go and check on him an hour later or so and ill find that he is sitting up sleeping in his lap. Like he wont just sleep laying down threw the night anymore he keeps waking up then sitting up and falling back to sleep in his lap and that worries me when he sleeps like that so I end up accidently waking him up trying to put him back on his back. And alot of times it turns out to be an endless thing, ill go put him back on his back and a min or less he will be trying to sit up again. Im just affraid of him suffocating, or if its bad for his neck/back sleeping like that. And he doesnt cry or anything when he wakes up and does it so I have to constantly keep checking up on him. Im just wondering if anyone has/is going threw this. or if anyone has any advise!

jessran1218

Asked by jessran1218 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to diffenetly call the doctor. try bringing him to a chiropractor. studies show that after a few adjustments kids sleep better. and i would want to get that back check out. you would be suprised how much an adjustment would make a difference.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 9:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Let him sleep the way he is comfortable. If it hurt him he wouldn't sleep like that.
    Anonymous

• Ask the Dr. Anon 9:59PM is wrong. that can deform his spine. Absolutly is bad for his posture. Please call the Dr. In the morning!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yeah it does look pretty bad for his posture, thats mainly what im worried about. Someone told me I could try having him sleep on his tummy. I tried that a couple times and he didnt go for that either. So lately ive been having him sleep in the bed with us and that way I can keep him down and sleeping on his back waaaay easier. Its sorta inconvient though because I normaly go to bed after him and wake up before him and im parinoid of him falling off the bed (he almost did once). Im just hoping I can get him back to sleeping in his own bed again soon.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Well call the Dr and see if there is anything he/she can do. If not keep him in bed with you until he doesn't do it anymore.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2010