Anyone have a 34 weeker?

there's a damn good change I'll give birth sometime between 34 and 35 weeks.. Anyone have a preemie at this gestational age? How much did they weigh & how long was their NICU stay??

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Personally I didn't but a good friend of mine did about two months ago. Her baby girl was 4 pounds and stayed there for about 3 weeks. The stay period really just depends on how healthy your baby is. Most likely the baby will be on Oxygen when it comes home with you but nothing you can't handle... Good luck =)
    Anonymous

• My daughter was 35w1d. she was 5lb 1 oz. We were very lucky, she didn't have any breathing issues. She spent 10 days in the hospital in the nursery not the NICU. She could't keep her temperature up so was in a warning bed until day 8, she also was very sleepy and couldn't suckle properly so was bottle and tube fed during that time
    terribeari

Answer by terribeari at 10:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i had my son the day he turned 35 weeks. he weighed 5.5 pounds, my water was broken for 60 hrs when i had the csection so he had e-coli, and jawndice. he stayed in the NICU for 1 week while on antibiotics for the e-coli and then he came home. and now hes perfectly healthy! GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I had my first son at 34 weeks and he spent 10 days in the NICU.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my son was 34 1/2 weeks. He had some major issues of his own so his NICU stay was almost 6 weeks. If not for those, his lungs and everything were developed just fine and he would have been able to go home soon after the csection delivery.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 4:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My dd was born 35wek3days. She was 5lbs 7oz and completly healthy. She came home with me two days after she was born and is now a super healthy 17month old!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my dd was 33 wks. she was 5lbs 4oz. her nicu stay was only 2 wks. she didnt have any major problems. she just needed a lil help keeping her temp up. she is now a chunky, active, happy 7 mth old!
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2010