Have you had Lasik eye surgery?

Does anyone know how much it costs? Does it hurt at all? Were you happy you had it done?
I really want to get it, but I am really scared of the cost and it hurting.
Thanx!!!

LoriLou75

Asked by LoriLou75 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• My boss recently had it done. I'm not sure what it cost, but he was so happy to have it done. He was nervous at first but he said he was so happy to never have to deal with glasses or contacts ever again.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Dh had it done about 2 months ago. He LOVES IT!!! Dh says it does not hurt...he had SBK not PRK...

PRK- cut the whole lens off and give you a temporary contact- takes months to heal
    SBK- cut a flap, once correction is finished they lay the flap back down...he healed within days.
    He did have to be careful for a few days- no tv, computer, light, no exercise for a week, sunglasses inside and out for a week.
    It was approximately $4300, and our insurance did not cover any of it. It was all out of pocket. Dh said it cost more because he had an astigmatism..evidently that makes a difference.
    Wolfson did his surgery and he is one of the top surgeons in the WORLD! He does a ton of celebs as well.
    PM me if you have any more questions and I'll get Dh to answer them for me...he's sitting here answering your questions for me as I type..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My friend had it done and he raves about it. He says it is the best thing he's ever done

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My husband had it done a few years ago. Actually, he had it done twice because of his astigmatism. For him, it was $2000. Insurance covered some and there was a program through his work that paid for part of it. He says it didn't hurt at all during the surgery. He did have to have some pain meds afterward, but I've heard a lot of people say they didn't need anything. The cost was a big concern for us since we didn't have that kind of money laying around. But, in the long run it will save us a lot because he will never have to buy glasses or contacts again. He was a little worried about the surgery, but his mind was put at ease when he found out the Dr doing it was one of the pioneers of lasik and had done over 35,000 successful lasik surgeries.
    Anonymous

• I had it done and would do it again in an heartbeat! It was expensive (about $4500) and I had a lot of pain and could barely see for the first 12 hours (but I slept through most of it.) The surgery itself didn't hurt a bit though and within a week I had 20/15 vision although I still had some light sensitivity for about a year. Nothing major but I was never one to wear sunglasses and felt that I needed them (probably a good thing!) It's been 2.5 years now and I have no issues at this point and love waking up and being able to see across the room!
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 1:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My husband and I both had it done in 2007. It was $3300 for each of us, and very worth it. It doesn't hurt, although I had a lot of irritation from it afterward. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Hey, I underwent FemtoLasik at Advanced Eye Hospital in India. Great experience‚Ķ Notwithstanding the slight irritation that lasted a week, it just feels great to not fumble for my glasses to look at my baby's face early in the morn!
    Manvika123

Answer by Manvika123 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2013