Do some moms think they are superior??

It seems like some moms who never get a sitter or spend every second of every day with their children think they are superior to other moms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I feel sorry for Moms who say " my children are my life", and for their kids We have all seen the Mom who is just living and breathing for her child and it's sad and claustrophobic for the child. My children are the most special thing in my life, but they aren't my whole life. I am a person in my own rigt and I want my kids to see I am allowed to have wants, needs, hobbies and time for myself, just like they do. When they are little it is not so easy and their needs have come first, but as they get older, I am more comfortable saying " I need some time for myself", and I hope my daughters will see that it's okay if they have babies too.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• some probably do.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Then I am NOT superior by a long shot! I'm desperate for a sitter at least twice a month! I like my champagne, good food and travel and wouldn't give it up without a fight.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• yep they do, but then so do some women who work full time, who have hubbies who are in the services, have hubbies who come home every night on time with a bunch of flowers ( that would not be mine LOL ), who have more than 3 kids or who have kids who are over achievers.. And many moms who don't feel that way at all- at the end of the day we all pee and poop - no-ones better than anyone else. If I can get a meal on the table and at least 3 of my 4 kids to have a shower on any given day I reckon I've done a good job :-)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Honey, it's because we are ;)
    Anonymous

• Sitters for what age? Sorry, but infants have the NEED to be with mother. Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• I'm a mom of 4 I very rarely get a babysitter but its not because I'm superior its because #1 no one wants to sit for 4 kids #2 can't afford a sitter.. I work part time, do all the care for the house/kids so I want a day off.. well I'm not getting a mom of the year award.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't get sitters, but I feel inferior. It's because I can't afford it.
    Anonymous

• Are you kidding me? I have been a single parent for almost 7 yrs. Yes I work full time. My dd's best friends mom,,,doesnt approve of where we live, she will not let her dd sleep over. The girls are 17. Plus,,,dd got tickets for the local fair,,she was so excited and knew her bff really wanted to go to this thing. Mom said no,,,even though I was going to be there with these 17 yr old girls. There is nothing wrong with us, I have been at the same job for 26 yrs,,,I dont have a bf,,,my kids come first,,,so whats with the attitude of the perfect mother?
    Anonymous

• Anon:39 Huh? are you agreeing or disagreeing
    Anon:27 you just proved the OP's point - can you never ever get a sitter if you have an infant???? what a crock of crap! She's not meaning a weekend at the Bahamas while a 12yr old watches the baby
    Anonymous