how come when i'm on a diet all i can think about is food?!?!?!?!?!?!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Because like you said you are on a diet... Diets dont work.. your suppose to make it a life style to eat healthy. Y? because once you lose the weight you start eating the way u used to because you are not in a diet anymore. And through that you gain weight again... so make it a life style go online and look up healthy ways to eat and trust me they are good recipes where you wont feel like you are on a diet.. if u want to message me i have some great recipes.... GOOD LUCK
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• That's why I don't go on diets. I have to do things that I can maintain. And if it's any comfort, all I can think about is FOOD right now and I'm not even on a diet! ARGH!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• The minds a powerful thing. Little mind games can be hard. So you know what I do to mess back with it?

I eat before shopping. I refuse to buy more than one treat to last two weeks. Instead buy celery, carrots, strawberries, pretzels to snack on. This helps major because if I don't have it I can wish I did but it eventually goes away since there's nothing I can do about it. :D

good luck hang in there..
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i know what you mean. i started a new diet 2 and a hlf weeks ago. i eat a bowl of special k red berries cereal with skim milk for breakfast, a yogurt and a string cheese, or a sugar free pudding and a string cheese for lunch, and a lean cuisine meal for dinner, and one more string cheese or a peice of deli meat turkey or both for a snack. and i walk everyday when its nice out, ive been doing the biggest loser cardio max dvd everyday, and yoga dvds sometimes. i am so hungry alls i can think about is food. BUT GUESS WHAT! i lost 7 pounds alreadddyyy!! WOOT.
    in reply to the first response, once i loose the weight (by eating less calories then i burn), in order to maintain my weight i eat as many calories as i burn, i eat chicken salads, fruits, veggies, lots of protein. i dont go back to eating bad shit like i did alot while i was pregnant and gained the weight.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Purpulbutterfly.... you like what you eat.. sounds to me like a lifestyle.... yeay... i like that you are eating its not healthy for women ( moms) to starve..... i like cheese strings tooooooooooo
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Because you are depriving yourself or starving yourself. Diets are TEMPORARY .. what you need is to make some lifestyle changes, so you are always eating healthy .. then you can splurge once in a while and still maintain your health and weight.

I'm a Beachbody Coach and can help you make healthy changes by combining nutrition and exercise and adjusting the way you cook.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 5:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2010