has your eyes gave you any problems during pregnancy?

my eyes are blurry and very sensitive to light.
i dont have Pre or eclampsia.
just wondering if any other preggo ladies going through this also?
what did you use to help your eyes sight

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that too, and it hasn't completely gone away, even after 7 months post-delivery. I think your body holds onto so much fluid that the actual shape of your eye changes, causing the lens to refract differently. Some women report that their contacts don't fit as well, either.

Mine still get blurry once in a while, but not enough to go get another prescription.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I had to get glasses after my 3rd baby... I went to the eye Dr during the pregnancy and the Dr said I should wait until after I gave birth to see if anything changes.. Well I got the glasses, hate them, only wear them driving, I'm near sighted now and it's not too bad. But yeah, it changed my sight.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If you wear contacts you might need a re fitting-- my BC changed and as soon as they refitted my contacts then my sight was ffine--
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My eyes definitely were effected both times I was pregnant.
    I'm giving it until my youngest is a year old before I admit that they're permanently altered.
    It's not a huge difference but enough that I notice. I've never needed glasses so I'm a little nervous to possibly need them.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i have had that each time. i normally have a very light rx for my glasses, but i doesnt seem to be enough while pregnant. just another wonderful side effect of hormones. my eye doc wont even make an apt to reevaluate a rx until 4 months after delivery, so the hormones have balanced.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'm having my vision go blurrier with this pregnancy. I was just doing some research on it, and what first poster said is right...it's a hormone/water retention in the eyes thing.

What I've been reading also suggests not getting a prescription (or alteration of prescription) for about 6 months or so after delivery.

For now, it's just annoying.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010