• In the Spotlight:

OMG! So I went to pick up my prenatal vitamins for the first time tonight. Got home. Looked it up because I always do. And everything seemed fine! So I took one!

Then 2 hours later Walgreens calls to tell me they gave me the wrong pills! yikes! He put the right label on the wrong bottle! The pills are for ADD! I was calm about it and so was my husband.. I know people make mistakes but, being a mom and pregnant I feel like I should tell someone? My husband says not to worry about it. What would you do? I mean how many other times has he done this? And it could have been a lot worse! I don't really wanna get the guy fired though! The right bottles is white like a tylenol bottle and the bottle he gave me is orange? What would you do?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• report it
    Anonymous

• what med did you get? and call your OB to tell him -- the Ob (or Midwife) will take care of the pharmacy
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Not sure who to call, but i would say something. Luckily it did not have any serious side effects for you, but you never know....
    Anonymous

• I especially like this part: "The pills are for ADD! I was calm about it..." No pun intended, right? LOL!

No, really, you'll be fine I'm sure, but it's a good idea to let your OB know, and for sure report it. If the guy has done this just once, he shouldn't get fired for it. BUT if he has done this more than once, it should definitely be reported before someone is harmed. If he mixed up someone's heart medicine, for example, it could be bad!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Concerta....its for ADD... I looked up the side effects and it does say not to take while pregnant unless the benefits out way the risk...
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Did they tell you what med they gave you? There are many ADHD meds that you have to handle a certain way or not at all if you are pregnant.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would talk to your ob about it. If there is a chance of problems you need to know about them.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I agree with the ladies... talk to your doctor. remember you are pregnant.... Now its not just you .... GOOD LUCK... and personally you should report him.. i mean it wasnt like they gave you the wrong shopping bag at a walmart... this could have been worst.
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What prenatal where you supposed to get?
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It says vinate pn care tablet on the bottle. And the bottle is completely different! Its big and white like a tylenol bottle and the first one he gave me was like a regular orange bottle with totally different pills!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2010