Very Nasty Question But.....

Warning: If you have a very weak stomach or can not handle gross out things..Do NOT read this. But my doctors is out of town for 2 weeks and the hospital has said this was normal. I do not think this is normal at all. I have been on my period for 3 and 1/2 now, For the last 2 weeks I have went thru almost 22 boxes of extra heavy duty tampons. I have blood coming out of me that looks like runny snot that has filled my tampon full. I have very bad craps that is sometimes very hard to sit walk or even sleep. At times at least 30 minutes went by sents I changed the last one it is full again and if I do not change it by that time it is running down my legs. So is this really normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• Totally not normal... isn't there an on call doctor who can see you?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't see this as normal. Are you having larger clots? Is the blood bright red or tinged brownish? This is just your period? Did you have a baby? And for how long? Are you weak? I just think you should go in.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Ok you need a H&H and an ultrasound-- and if you are really bleeding that much I"d go to the Er-- and would not leave until I got those 2 things at minimum
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• No it doesnt seem normal.. This cant really be your period... if it continues check in at the ER... you could be loosing alot of blood
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Hemorrhaging?
    Anonymous

• There is no call doctor there is another doctor standing in for my regular doctor. I really can not stand him he gives me the creeps. I did go to the hospital or the ER got kicked out of there for screaming at the doctors who said this was normal and I thought he might be right and I was crazy. Large red blood clots that looks like runny snot. I guess this is my period..I do not know. Have not gave birth to any kid lately. Plus sometimes weak and dizzy. Hemorrahaging...I do not know...I am just bleeding like crazy.
    Anonymous

• Id get a 2nd opion
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It does sound like your hemorrahaging................get to another hospital ASAP!
    My mom donated too much blood at a blood bank (their fault, not hers) and she almost died.
    Please go to another hospital if you have one nearby. If you pass out, tell hubby to call 911 immediately!
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• P.S. Not a nasty question at all. Hope you feel better!
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have a hard time believing that a doctor would say it is normal if it is as bad as you describe and I'm honestly surprised you are still conscience or alive even after losing that much blood. Nevertheless, you need to to be seen immediately.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010