Help Please

My baby is 7 months old he was seen by a doctor and we were told he had a little fluid on his ear but its not a infection and she also said he had a red dot on his throat they did test waiting on them to come in and they gave him antibiotics.. has any one had these problems?
fever 103
not eating
cant sleep
doesnt want to move

please let me know what you would do i just want to make him comfortable and happy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take a trip to the childrens' hospital ; ) @ 7mo, the "doesn't want to move" thing is always a red flag IMO
    Anonymous

• I agree - a fever that high and not wanting to move COULD BE signs of something that you need to treat right away. I don't mean to scare you but better safe than sorry. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• MY BABY WAS AT THE ER AND THEY SENT US HOME WITH THE ABOVE ANSWERS!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would call on call dr first and see what they have to day and than take him into an emergency room for check up. I had the same situation when my son at 9 month got bladder infection. My dr was telling me to keep him comfortable and plenty of fluid. My son was running such high fever that didn't want to drink anything and my dr continuously kept telling me just to keep him cool. On the end I took him into emergency and they put IV into him. You need to listen to your mommy intuition if you thing dr is wrong take him to the hospital.
    MomOfMax359

Answer by MomOfMax359 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I'd go see the regular pedi in the morning if you can. In the meantime, try giving him a lukewarm bath and tylenol. As for the not eating thing, I'd suggest trying some cool fluids if he'll take a few sips, or even a juice popsicle. Wake him up to drink something every few hours overnight. Let him be naked (with a diaper) if he's comfy that way. Watch his diapers to make sure he's wetting. Knowing me, I'd probably stay up overnight to watch him. The not wanting to move thing bothers me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Lethargic is not normal for a baby take him to emerg please right away.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yes, 103 is a terrifying temp! Give him some tylenol. If you can't bring his fever down, then go to the ER. That is what I would do. My son has been lethargic before (when sick), but not before 1 year. Keep him hydrated! If any new symptoms develop, go to the ER. Better safe than sorry, right?
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my baby was like that and the dr told me he was fine to just keep him cool well he ended up in ICU please take your baby in dont wait like i did my lil guy is fine now but he now suffers from being in and out of the hospital all the time and they still dont know why he is sick all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2010