If you had to adopt a child of another race....

what race would you chose...and what race are you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• why does race matter so much to you that you feel you need to ask that question. every child in need deserves equality in our eyes.....
    Anonymous

• I am white (irish/italian) and my husband is hispanic (panamanian)...so my daughter is already mixed, but I suppose I would pick probably another hispanic child or a black child. Only because I wouldn't want to adopt a child without being able to teach them their native language.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• to the first poster -- in some cases it does matter ...and some people do chose some races over others, just because they feel more comfortable raising that race....that doesnt mean one child deserves more love than the other...

dont try and make this into a debate, when there isnt a need for it !
    Anonymous

• I'm white & I would adopt any child but I prefer a girl.. I actually have always wanted to adopt a child from foster care.. don't care what race the child is but I do prefer a girl. I don't think it matters as long as you treat the child like your own & take the time to teach all kids about all cultures, to be nice(love) all people the same, good morals, discipline.. helping them get ready for the adult world. Love sees no color.
    I also have a mixed child her dad is arabic.. I am Irish, German, Polish, Russian.. my great grandparents were jewish.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'd adopt a Russian child. I guess its not another race as I am white, but ethnically its quite a bit different. When I was a teen I went on a trip to Russia for school and we toured an ophanage there and it was heartwrenching. One day I will go back and get a child from their. I will never forget the crying, dirty kids. They took baths like twice a month and the workers running the place were told only to change each childs diapers twice a day in order to 'save supplies'
    Anonymous

• i just read a question in "adoption" about this, and i think the poster makes a great point! if you adopt outside of your own race, you're kind of forcing the child to admit being adopted. even if the adoptive parents raise the child to know that he or she is adopted, that doesn't necessarily mean the child is going to want to tell his or her friends. but if the child is a different race, that will automatically be the first thing people assume about him or her. not that i could give any advise on the situation, as i have never adopted, but it was definitely something i had never thought about. very interesting . . .

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• im white, i would and have always wanted to adopt a lil baby girl from haiti. i dont think i could ever get an asian, or east indian child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i am white and i would want a white child. there is nothing wrong with wanting a child that looks like me & my family.
    Anonymous

• My DD and I are of different races and no one ever assumes she's adotped. Maybe it's because we are from a more mixed area? I don't know.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• people assume my real child is adopted so it wouldn't be that different for me.. & I feel that ANY child can be apart of your family no matter how they look.. who cares what people think? the child doesn't have to tell anyone anything no matter what you don't owe anyone a explanation.. if they ask just say this is my child.. my oldest has dark brown hair, I have brownish red, she has brown eyes I have blue ,I have very white skin she is an olive color.. GOD made all people.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2010