Seen the movie/read the book "The Lovely Bones"?

I read the book when it first came out, but just now finished watching the movie.

Anyone else? What did you think?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I read the book maybe 2 years ago. Loved it. Its not typically my kind of book but I thought it was very well written, and the perspective it gave was something different. I enjoy reading books that are "different" than the majority of other novels out there. I have not seen the movie, but I do intend to watch it as soon as I can get it on Netflix! I don't think it will live up to the book but we shall see.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I read the book and loved it. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I do plan to, though I don't expect it to live up to the book.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I read it when it came out, what? 6 years ago? I think I was in like 8th or 9th grade. I haven't seen the movie yet, though. LOVED the book.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I wasn't blown away by the book. I didn't think it was terribly well written. Haven't seen the movie. But I can be critical, I admit, I was an English Lit major. Was the movie worthwhile?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I need to do both! Am excited to do both, so great question.. this will increase my excitement to get into both.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I liked the book. i have no intentions of seeing the movie as I dont see how it could possibly carry through film. To me, the concept is way too large to fit into a "scene"
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• readingi have heard great things about the book

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• The movie was not bad.

*SPOILER ALERT* They change several things - they don't actually show the scene in the bunker (thank goodness) and following the lives of her mother and sister aren't as involved. Also, the very strange scene that took place years later with Ray Singh was tweaked, but in a way that I liked.

*SPOILER ALERT OVER*

Overall, it was pretty good. It was weird, but....what could you expect? So was the book.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I loved the book, but the movie I was not so impressed with. It was okay I guess, but just a 'trippy' kind of movie with the giant boats in bottles floating everywhere etc. just strange....i dont think it was a good book to make a movie out of, since like a pp said....the concept is way too large to fit into a scene
    bekka106

Answer by bekka106 at 2:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I did both, book was better. But had I not read the book, the movie would have been really great. It was still a good movie.
    aSoldierSWifE44

Answer by aSoldierSWifE44 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2010