is any one dealing with bipolar disorder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• No but a dear friend is married to a nice guy with it. He takes his meds regularly and has managed well. They are happy with two kids. He is committed to being well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i was diagnosed with it recently and was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• From what I know (and surely there is a Mom on here with it too) getting the right medication can be a pain. Can take a while to sort out. Three months on one, then three on another and so on. Unless you get lucky and find one that works well right away. The medication often makes people feel tired for a while and some complain they feel like their creativity is stifled. Just try to have patience with the process because everyone is different. You'll be okay as long as you are in close contact with your doctor and therapist or whomever. There must be support groups either online or in your area. Perhaps google them? Lots of people do manage with this my friend so please don't panic. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I know a few. Make sure you get on the right medication and take it. Some that I knew didn't think they needed medicine and the world around them fell apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yup. I was diagnosed at 15.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2010