When is the soonest someone told you they loved you?

I am a single mom. I met a gentlemen and we went on one date. We both have been busy so over the past week we usually only talk on the phone or send emails. (this has mostly been my fault because I travel for my job) Anyway we do have very deep conversations and had instant attraction. We have not slept together and are planning our second date this week when I return on monday. However he told me he thinks he is falling in love. Is that possible after one date and talking? just curious. I mean...I am totally intrigued by this guy. He has a great head on his shoulders, sweet, polite, great job, good with his kids( he seems to have them a lot) seems well respected on his job....It just kind a took me by surprise when he said that. What do you ladies think with him saying that so soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• lol you dont know him well enough to say he is good,thats hilarious!!! we are all under our best impressive behaviour at first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ONE week!!!!!!! We were in High School and IN LOVE!!!!

hmmmm. I wonder whatever happened to Gilbert?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• lol, Gilbert

anyways to the OP:
    i can understand why you are feeling so anxious...idk some ppl believe in love @ first sight/date.others dont......take the 2nd date and 3rd and maybe even 4th and see where it goes from there
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My husband told me that he loved me after our first date (it actually lasted for 4 days). We have been married for 8 years now.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My experience has been that the ones who say it that early turn out to be trouble. Needy, co-dependent, don't really know what love is, confuse lust for love, etc. There's a difference between "falling in love" and true love, too. "Falling" can happen fast and is based on lust. It can go away fast too. True love is based on a deep bond and respect for someone.
    My ex-husband told me he loved me after a week and he ended up making my life hell for years. He used "I love you" as a way to rope girls in. My recent ex-boyfriend also said it after a week. He pressured me to say it back and became very upset when I wouldn't say it back right away. The relationship almost ended right there (and I probably should have ended it right there because his insecurity made us miserable). I would say if he pressures you to say it back or exhibits needy behavior, run. Be very cautious with this one.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 2:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• the soonest I have been told by a guy that he loved me was my first boyfriend, we were in 8th grade, he said it after a week. Obviously we didnt actually love eachother. the next two boyfriends, neither of us said it, then my now husband said it after 3 months... been with him for 9 years!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My boyfriend and I knew we loved each other on our second date. We said it later, we were together for just under 2 weeks when we said it the first time. But...we were both feeling it. We actually discussed around it, if that makes sense. Like, we sat there and talked about how we both felt like we wanted to say something, but we were scared. He had this whole long conversation with himself while we were on the phone one night, I almost died laughing at the way he was going on and on, until he was finally like, "Damn it, (my name), I love you!" Of course, I said it back. But again, we both felt it. It wasn't one sided. That makes a difference. If it makes you uneasy, then consider why. If you're ok with it, then just go with it and see where the relationship goes. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2010