I will probably get slammed for this but ah well...

So I was watching American Idol Back (yeah I watch that show so what) and I started noticing something. How come "black celebrities" never help out white people in poverty, but "white celebrities" are constantly willing to help whoever needs it regardless of color. And how come white people are willing to adopt children of color but you never see black people adopt white children? I mean they constantly complain that white people are greedy and can take care of their own but they're also taking care of others too, so why can't they step outside their own "skin" and help people who are not black?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "American Idol Gives Back"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• who cares !! stop making assumptions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I want to know who was running the country while the Obamas were playing celebrities???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Not assuming just making observations. I've never seen a black celebrity help a white kid in need.
    Anonymous

• Do you believe everything you see on tv???? I personally know 2 Black couples who adopted white and Asian kids. Just cause it doesn't make the news and YOU don't hear about it, doesn't make it any less untrue.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Generalize much?

Anonymous

• I just rarely hear about it so yeah it makes me think they don't help out anyone but their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Just because you rarely hear about it doesn't mean you can generalize. If you had more than a head full of nothing you would realize that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• well, we do hear a lot about what CELEBRITIES do as far as charity is concerned. Obviously, we don't know every single charitable thing they do. But, they sure don't mind advertising how much they help whatever country in Africa is the cause du jour. Now, when it comes to a cause for something in America, that's a different story. We hear about celebs raising awareness of this or that foundation to help whichever minority cause is in vogue. I think the problem is that most "white" charities that actually do anything are run solely by private donation, and not by a celebutante going on TV and stating the s/he supports *this cause, please won't you help, too????* (blinking big sad eyes all the while)

As a matter of fact, I see more PSA's that imply that parents are clueless using WHITE actors.

I have seen some PSA's by Halle Berry and JLo about some childhood illnesses. Is this what you meant, or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• FTR, In 2009, the Barack and Michelle Obama donated 5.9 percent of their income to charity and Joe Biden gave away 1.4 percent of his. While in office, Bush routinely donated more than 10 percent of his income each year.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/16/on-tax-day-returns-show-obama-and-biden-fall-short-of-bush-on-charitable-giving/#ixzz0loIR62KF

Now, I don't know where that Nobel prize money fits in.

HuffPo has the O tax return, if you are interested.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2010