I want to take a vacation.... BUT

I am starting to think it's just a waste of money. The things I can do with that money. Put it towards my mortgage. Invest or save it. Do you think that taking a vacation is worth it? I want to go to Disney or NYC. It will cost over 1000.00 for three of us. Eating, hotels, flights. We have not gone on a vacation before. LOL Sad I know, but I can't get myself to spend that kind of money.

LiloViet

Asked by LiloViet at 1:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I take my kids on a vacation EVERY year and yes it is a lot of money, but if you search for the best deals, you wont be disappointed. I have never regretted spending the money on vacation. We actually leave for Disney in 3 weeks...it will be me, my 2 sons, and my best friend and her son....the gas, hotel, and tickets to disney and sea world will be costing me out of pocket approx $400....we searched FOREVER for the best deals....oh and we will be ON disney property for a week. its definitely do-able!
    bekka106

Answer by bekka106 at 2:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I agree with the pp, if you search around you can find good deals. And spending money on a vacation is never a bad thing; youre spending it with the ppl you love. Oh and seeing your childrens eyes light up when they see the ocean or the entrance into Disney is PRICELESS.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Go camping

Answer by rkoloms at 7:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• How old are your children? At our house we call it "killing the cow" sometimes you just have to kill the cow and do for the family, like taking a vacation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We are taking our very first vacation (after 7 years of marriage) this year! We are going to Hilton Head for a week. We are going to a resort, but got a town house with my 2 sisters & their families & our parents so we got a GREAT deal! It only cost for the week each family $425! So we are budgeting another $1000 for gas/food/things to do. Because we are driving down.

Sometimes it's just worth it!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I think it is worth it if you have the money..it is great family time and good memories to last a lifetime. I try to take my dd somewhere every year. Its nice to get away from day to day life and just be with eachother.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thanks guys. I think this is something I should reconsider again. I want to go to Disney! :D
    LiloViet

Answer by LiloViet at 1:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2010