Why do so many people have a problem with witch craft?

I'm not into witch craft shoot I don't even believe in it. I just can't figure out why people can't get over some believe in it. Why they act like it's evil, and devilish? Is it honestly because some mythical book tells them? or Because an imaginary friend told some people who were obviously high when they wrote it said so? I mean give me a break.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• People are afraid of what they dont understand. I was able to show a VERY religious relative of mine exactly what witchcraft really is and once she understood she looked at me and said "That is completely opposite of everything i have ever been told about witches" her father tried to convince her that witches do human sacrifice as in killing children. She is still a christian but has a very different outlook on witchcraft. It is scary when you have been raised to believe lies about witchcraft told to you by people who have never researched it.

Witches are normally very peaceful people who are in tune with the world around them, nothing scary, nothing evil, just a group of amazing and talented gardeners, cooks, healers, and nature lovers :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• religious intolerance. a lot of people think their way is the only way so they try to force it on those who don't believe what they believe
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• The bible is very clear on this and it's very clear on the subject of witchcraft, seers, and other evil manifestations.

Like those 3 astrologers that brought gifts to a manger?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• News flash basher anon. Go reread your precious bible. No the bible is against sorcerers because they were known to practice BLACK MAGIC with the intentions of doing evil deeds. Hello duh that would be bad. However if it was against the bible then Jesus and 90% of the good people you love in the bible are going to hell right along with us. The sad thing is not only do you not understand others beliefs you don't even understand the bible.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Oh and by the way the way you are talking if I do go to hell that's ok because I will spend eternity for laughing at you who will be right by my side in hell. So you better pray I don't go there with YOU because I will enjoy showing you the hell you so indecently tell others they are going to. So if I were you I would pray we don't go to hell with you.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• NP you mean the Three Wise Men.. and yes they studied astronomy, astrology and natural medicine... God used them to accomplish a purpose.. to prevent the death of Baby Jesus .. if you know the story, King Herod was not wanting to see Jesus to see Him but to prevent Him from being King as the prophecies foretold.

The mythical book is called History and Jesus was not a imaginary friend but really walked the earth. Do your history first before spewing stuff like that!

Witchcraft taps into the demonic realm and demons are evil , deceptive and only want to exploit rather than do good. It always looks good at first but get to know people who were deep into it and hear their stories... it is quite dark and frightening. continued...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Deuteronomy 18:9-11 (New American Standard Bible)

Spiritism Forbidden
    9"When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations.

10"There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,

11or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.
    Shaneagle777

You just admitted what she was pointing out.

I think she was referring to God not Jesus, being imaginary, and yes Jesus was real but he was not proven the son of god or to have walked on water, turn water into wine, ect. So just cause she calls god imaginary, Or the bible mythical does not mean she is spewing crap, with out knowledge. Not much more than who existed has been proven in history when it comes to the bible, so you should learn some facts,

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• She is stating what she believes not spewing any thing.

Umm no many witches ask for help from all kinds of GODS/ESSES. Including your own. So you seriously need to learn about what you are insulting before you do so. OP and NP seem to have their facts down why don't you?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Spiritism Forbidden

9 “When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, be very careful not to imitate the detestable customs of the nations living there.

Hmm how do you truly know what god feels is detestable, Maybe it was just those that used magic for evil. Besides why would god allow the power to improve ones life then forbid it? That would be like giving a child lighter fluid and a lighter than getting mad when they set the house ablaze. Hello your fault setting them up for failure and god would not do that.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2010