Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have read a lot on line and I am wondering if it is true?????

I read that once you pay off a debt with an apartment that you were evicted from that they can alter your credit to remove the eviction. I also read that if the apartments don't remove it you can protest it with the credit agency and prove that the debt is no longer there to get it removed.
Is this true? We have to move to much because of DHs work and can't afford this effed up mess he caused on our credit. I am trying to get it fixed since he is being lazy and not even trying.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Not sure about your particular situation, but I believe that ANY debt you pay off, you can request that the business send you a letter stating that your debt has been repaid, and your "account" is now in "good standing."

    Your best bet is to contact the customer service center at one of the "Big 3" credit reporting bureaus TransUnion, Experian, Equifax), and see what it is THEY require in order to remove the "mark" on your credit score.  They will also be able to tell you when this incidnet will fall off your record--assuming you don't repeat the mistake!


    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

  • With so many people being in the same situation I wouldn't worry about it to much. You can also write a letter and have it put in your file explaining that the debt has been paid.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.